Don't mind the chick on the right, my friend took a big bite before I was able to take a nice photo =)!
I loooove making little animals out of cakes and cupcakes. If you ever have the chance, make these for a friend's birthday! They'll love it and I'll bet you anything people will be saying "oh my gosh those are so cute!".
Recipe Adapted from Martha Stewart.
Spring Chick Cupcakes
- any cupcake recipe + any buttercream recipe
- toasted shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- red licorice
1) Bake cupcakes. Cool completely
2) Spread buttercream frosting all over a cupcake. Use a spatula to coat sides thickly with frosting
3) Press toasted coconut into frosting
4) Use chocolate chips for the eyes, an almond for the beak, and red licorice for the feet & comb (just push them into the frosting with your hands)
Ta daa! :)